From Discovery to Dedication: My Taekwondo Journey

About Roque Detablan

When I was in 8th grade, I had no idea that there was a Taekwondo club in our school. But thanks to my P.E teacher, who was also a former Taekwondo coach, I discovered my love for the sport. Participating in various sports in school has shaped both my abilities and personality. Taekwondo has helped me to become more physically fit, disciplined, and respectful. 

It has also allowed me to make many friends through the tournaments I participated in. Although I had the chance to get a scholarship to a private university as a student-athlete, a personal problem, and the Covid-19 pandemic prevented me from pursuing that opportunity. 

However, I have continued to be active in household chores, and Taekwondo has helped me to be more agile and confident in my actions. It also gives me peace of mind knowing that I can defend myself if necessary. Through my participation in various Taekwondo tournaments, I have won several gold and silver medals. 

These achievements have not only given me a sense of accomplishment but have also helped to improve my mental health. Taekwondo has taught me the importance of discipline, respect, and perseverance. It has also shown me the value of teamwork and relationships. 

Being a part of a Taekwondo club has given me a sense of belonging and has allowed me to make meaningful connections with people who share my passion for the sport. Taekwondo has had a significant impact on my life. It has helped me to develop my abilities, shape my personality, and build meaningful relationships. I am grateful for the lessons I've learned and the friends I've made, and I look forward to continuing my Taekwondo journey.”

-Roque Lagutin Detablan, 24 | Sorsogon State University Main Campus, Sorsogon City, Philippines

Follow Me on our social media channels.

Comments

Popular Posts