From Inspiration to Triumph: My Journey in Taekwondo

About Miko Pacheco

It all started with a simple observation. I was walking by a gym near my house when I saw a kid practicing Taekwondo. I was amazed by his skills and the discipline he showed, and I knew right then that I wanted to give martial arts a try. 

Luckily, my parents were very supportive of my decision to join Taekwondo. I started training regularly and I quickly fell in love with the sport. It wasn't easy at first, but I persevered and worked hard to improve my skills. 

One of the highlights of my Taekwondo journey so far was winning the Naga Regional Competition in 2022. It was an incredible feeling to stand on the podium and receive a gold medal for all my hard work. But Taekwondo is about more than just winning competitions. It's about discipline, self-control, and indomitable spirit. 

These tenets have taught me not only how to be a better athlete, but also how to be a better person in my daily life. I am still working hard to improve my skills and become a more disciplined player. But I know that with the support of my family and the lessons I've learned through Taekwondo, I can achieve anything I set my mind to.”

-Miko Oropesa Pacheco, 20 | Sorsogon State University Main Campus, Sorsogon City, Philippines

Follow Me on our social media channels.

Comments

Popular Posts